Trade on margin without tying up all of your funds
Risk management with limit and stop levels
Funds security with negative balance protection
Trade on the go with our award-winning mobile app
Trade on the price of popular cryptocurrencies against the world’s dominant currencies
|Symbol||Description|| Typical Spreads in quote
currency per unit
|Leverage (up to)||Short||Long|| Monday
|BTCUSD||Bitcoin US Dollar||26.0||1:10||-6000.0||-6000.0||0:05:00||23:54:59||–|
|ETHUSD||Ethereum US Dollar||3.7||1:10||-1.0||-2.0||0:05:00||23:54:59||–|
|LTCUSD||Litecoin US Dollar||3.4||1:10||-1.0||-2.0||0:05:00||23:54:59||–|
|XRPUSD||Ripple US Dollar||0.031||1:5||-1.0||-2.0||0:05:00||23:54:59||–|
1. Swaps values may be adjusted daily based on market conditions and rates provided by our Price Provider applicable to all open positions. Triple swaps are applied every Friday.
2. Server Times: Winter: GMT+2 and Summer: GMT+3 (DST) (last Sunday of March and ends last Sunday of October).
3. All Pending Orders will be force closed during market breaks. In case any order is left pending, it will be automatically deleted on market close Friday.
4. The execution of new orders for crypto currency instruments is subject to company’s risk management procedures. The opening of market and pending orders might face temporary rejections.
5. Commission charge of 1 USD per lot round turn is applied.
Calculating Cryptocurrencies Margin Requirements – Example
Account base currency: USD
Position: Open 1 lot BUY BTCUSD at 8,249.60
1 Lot size: 1 Bitcoin
Margin requirement: 10% of Notional Value
Notional value is: 1 * 1 * 8,249.60 = 8,249.60 USD
Margin required is: 8,249.60 USD * 0.10 = 824.96 USD
Cryptocurrencies, or Cryptos, are unique and popular digital currencies which are changing the financial industry exponentially. Their lack of physical form and decentralized nature, achieved by the use of Blockchain technology, makes them perfect for trading.
Launched in 2009, Bitcoin was the first decentralized digital cryptocurrency. Its characteristics more closely resemble commodities rather than conventional currencies. It often records the highest trading volume in almost all the exchanges it’s listed on.
When you choose to trade derivatives on bitcoin, the price is usually quoted against the US dollar. In other words, you are selling USD to buy bitcoins. If the price of bitcoin rises you will need to buy BTCUSD in order to make a profit, because bitcoin is now worth more USD than when you bought it. If you decide to sell BTCUSD and the price rises, then there will be a loss.
Important cryptocurrencies other than bitcoin include Ethereum (ETH), the second- largest digital currency by market capitalization after bitcoin, Ripple (XRP) which remains one of the most attractive digital currencies among traditional financial institutions to revolutionize cross-border payments and Litecoin (LTC), often referred to as “sliver to bitcoin’s gold.”
The price of a cryptocurrency can be affected by many factors including supply and market demand for it, regulation, news and media and price speculation.
At Gloffix we offer you the opportunity to trade popular Cryptocurrencies as derivatives without owing the digital asset, with 24-hour trading, low margin requirements, and the ability to trade on both rising and falling prices.